QUANTIC

Last night I went to a georgeous party in Bellavista to listen to a fantastic DJ that I wanted to watch a long time ago. His name is Quantic and he mix electronic music with latinoamerican sounds like “mariposas amarillas” the song that talks about Macondo, imagine that! So cool!  It was really good and I had a wonderful time dancing and listening to his music. The bad part is that today I had classes at 8:30 so I didn’t sleep too much, but totally worth it.  


Quantic’s real name is William Holland and he is a musician, producer and DJ from England, and he lived in Cali, Colombia and then he moved to New York. That’s why his music is so eclectic,  based on salsa, bossa nova, soul, funky and jazz. Also he has collaborated with really known musicians like Anita Tijoux (I like her a lot too!).
ANITA TIJOUX WITH QUANTIC


Last night he mixed right before Matanza, a Chilean electronic band, that I enjoyed so much too.  I really like this type of music, especially when it is electronic music combining  latino sounds with the essence of jazz and funk.

MATANZA



If you haven’t listened to his music I really recommend you to do it. Please do!! “1000 watts” his last album is awesome. 

QUANTIC

Comentarios

  1. I liked a lot your post, and i think that is very interesting the music mix that makes Quantic. I will search his music in Youtube. Bye!

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares